Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World

Saturday 30 May 2015

Customer Experience is an Emotional Journey

The Customer Experience concept is a relevant process and the constant evolution of technology and customer expectations will only continue to add additional components to an experience. Throughout the course I ended up mapping about 2-3 customer journeys and included what kind of touchpoints I had with the brand (Disney's MyMagic+) throughout. I found it interesting to see how many of my classmates, myself included, would forget to include or just minimally include emotional indicators.

Team Magic Kingdom's emotional journey included in group presentations

As the customer moves through the different phases of the journey and as I remembered to map the emotional states throughout, I observed that where the interaction/touchpoints are high with the brand, while the emotional state of the customer is "low" (or not happy)--it is during these phase(s) where the corporation needs to ask themselves "what is going on here?" Although simple and not extremely difficult to map, key findings from mapping our the emotional journey of the customer is something I can easily overlook but I found to be extremely valuable.

#Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment