Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World

Saturday 30 May 2015

Joe Burak - Course Reflection on Customer Service


I was diagnosed with celiac disease five years ago and can no longer eat foods containing gluten (mainly wheat, barley and oats). I also have to avoid any possibility of cross-contamination that might occur during food preparation, especially at restaurants. Because I travel often for work, I’m particularly sensitive to this issue and generally seek out restaurants that specialize in gluten free cooking. During my stay in Disney, thought, I’ve been impressed by how welcoming all restaurants have been; they all had dedicated allergen menus and located a chef to talk with me about my allergy. Most of the food has been made to order and prepared by the head chef. I’ve been impressed with the service and even commented so on Disney’s Twitter page. Attached is a picture of some gluten-free waffles and bacon made to order at the food court at the Port Orleans Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment