Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World

Saturday 30 May 2015

Imagination and Creativity Workshop

"I resent the limitations of my own imagination." - Walt Disney

Image above are some of the materials we used during our Creative workshop

Being in a work environment where I have a high frequency of interaction with creatives and art directors, our Creativity session with Leah and James (our amazing Disney workshop instructors) uncovered a self-evaluation process for me to check whether or not I am successfully leading and managing my creative projects. Do you inspire? Are you cultivating an environment for your team members to be creative? Are you setting the right vision and giving them the right parameters? I couldn't help but play these questions back in my head through the workshop and really ask myself if I was doing these things. Too often do I strictly focus on only what the client wants or is comfortable with. I often lose sight of what my team and I can do to truly deliver innovation services.  I do not want to stifle my team's imaginations and want to back my creatives to be creative (no pun intended). Our class defined creativity as a process and how it can spur truly innovative thoughts and ideas.  I want to be a leader that cultivates innovation through the creative process by exercising strong leadership strategies and promoting teamwork.

#Amy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this amazing post, i really loved it. I would also like to suggest you to read given below post to know more about creativity workshop and training in Singapore.

    Improve Your Creativity by Joining Design Thinking and Presentation Skills Courses
    Creative Thinking Courses for Innovation
    How to organize a creativity training workshop in workspace?

    ReplyDelete