Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World

Sunday 31 May 2015

Teamwork Disney Style

As I “touched down in the land of the Delta Blues in the middle of the pouring rain” still wearing my Magic Band, missing the Florida sunshine and team B.A.L.L.S., I could not help but wish I did not have to take it off.  How cool would it be if I could use it to gain access to the building tomorrow when I go to work.  The band represents the magical experience we just wrapped up and the magic is what has brought me back to all things Disney my entire life.  I now reflect back on all the lessons learned, the people that made the trip a great experience and our fearless leader that kept the Crazy Train from “going off the rails.”

As a team we adapted the Disney ten commandments starting with knowing our audience and learning how each other needs to send and receive messages.  We tried to walk in each others shoes even though Mary Anne does not like feet.  The flow of the people and ideas was well organized and maintained by 1.0 and Fuego kept the data flowing.  Our wienie was the Epcot icon, it kept us focused on the task and the vision.


We took cues from each other through non-verbal communication and when the introverts on were exhausted by the extroverts, we gave them their alone time.  Which goes back to avoiding the overload and taking time to just enjoy the Magic Kingdom for a couple hours.  We kept our focus on telling one story as we built our brief and the team kept things consistent so as to avoid contradiction.

For every ounce of treatment, provide a ton of treat and 1.0 did not disappoint.  We worked hard but were rewarded, although there was no free vacation, we got to see some ballroom dancing.

So now the challenge, keep it up as we can each go forth with lessons learned.  I wanna Rock!

-Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment